Preparation & Cooking Time
We are taking a trip to New Zealand for this recipe. Angela Casley is a food stylist and recipe editor of Viva magazine. Angela believes in elegant no-fuss food and this burger recipe is a great example!
"We all have our favourite fillings when building a burger, whether it’s an egg, blue cheese or just your favourite home-made dressing. There is no right or wrong filling here."
400g Minced Beef
200g Black Pudding, chopped into small pieces
200g raw Beetroot, grated
1 small Onion, finely chopped
2 cloves Garlic, crushed
1 Egg, beaten
A good handful chopped Parsley
½ Tsp Ground Cumin
(Sea) Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper to season
- Burger buns or Ciabatta
- Bacon, Brie slices, Lettuce, Tomato, Aioli
- Into a large bowl place the mince, black pudding, beetroot, onion, garlic, egg, parsley, cumin, salt and pepper. Combine well, using a fork or hands. Divide the mixture into four even-sized balls. Using damp hands, shape into burger patties, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients to go into your burger.
- Heat a barbecue or frying pan to a medium heat and cook the burgers turning once.
- If using, cook the bacon, top the hot patties with the brie to melt it slightly.
Warm the bread, build the burgers to your liking and serve while hot.
Remember to use kitchen gloves when preparing beetroot if you don’t want your hands to get stained purple! Tip: Don't use pickled beetroot, it is too acidic and will spoil the burgers!